Dear arriving guests
For The Cottage Hotel, our guests' well-being and safety has always been a priority. Before reopening on 4th of July we have put in place new procedures, and health and safety measures. The hotel has been deep-cleaned and sanitised, and we have trained our staff members on how to protect
the health of others. During your stay we will carry on with the extra measures of making your stay memorable as well as safe. We will kindly ask for your co-operation by adhering to social distancing rules and following the requests of our staff.
We have looked at all aspects of your stay, making sure they are as safe as possible. Please make yourself familiar with new measures by reading our step-by-step guidance below:
1. Prior to check-in
- We kindly ask you to postpone your booking if you show any of the symptoms of Covid-19 such as: high temperature, a new persistent cough, loss of smell and/or taste.
- If you have any questions regarding our procedures to prevent the spread of the virus please do not hesitate to contact our reception.
- Please consider downloading the government’s contact tracing application to help us contain the spread of the virus.
- We kindly ask all our customers to not enter the building if showing any of the Covid-19 symptoms.
- From 8th August, masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces including the Hotel. Please wear your mask when you arrive and when you move around the building.
- If you require assistance with your luggage, we will kindly ask you to leave it in the porch (or other designated area) and we will bring it to your room so there is no contact with the porter
- You will be greeted by a staff member from a distance (but with a smile!) and you will be politely asked to sanitise your hands before entering the building. You will notice that we have put out signs to make sure all customers will keep the government advised distance of 2 metres (1m+ with mitigation, e.g. masks) between each other.
- If you will have any additional enquiries please ask the greeting member of the staff or wait to call reception from your bedroom.
- Please collect your key card from Reception and order your daily newspaper. We can assure you all the key cards will be sanitised before use.
- Please follow the arrows and signs while making your way to the bedroom – if you need directions please ask the greeting staff member for help or see the map located at the bottom of the main staircase.
- While in your bedroom please do not hesitate to contact the reception (dial 8) with questions or requests as our wish is to make your stay as pleasant as possible and make sure you feel comfortable and safe.
3. Common areas
- We have implemented a one-way system around the hotel – please make sure you are following the markings on your way to your bedroom, the restaurant and terrace. Please keep 2 metres (or 1m+ with mitigation, e.g. masks) between yourself and other guests or members of staff.
- Leaflets, magazines and publications will no longer be available in public areas for all guests to use. Instead, these items will be kept behind reception and can be provided on request for guests to keep as their personal copy.
- We have removed non-essential items and rearranged the existing furniture to make sure we can maintain social distancing (2 metres apart or 1m+ with mitigation). We kindly ask you not to move tables or chairs around: please ask the staff member to do so, if necessary.
- We will have a "Clean Team" available at all times to disinfect frequently used areas and items (door handles, tables, chairs, etc).
- We will set hand sanitising stations in common areas and we politely ask you to use them as often as needed.
- Regular checks will be carried out to ensure the proper functioning of soap and disinfectant dispensers, hand dryers
and other similar devices.
- We kindly ask you to use your own bathroom in your bedroom instead of toilets in the lounge to avoid overcrowding.
4. Hotel bedrooms
- Room servicing has been suspended to maximise the safety of guests and hotel staff. We will offer to service your room every 3-4 days. Please call housekeeping (10am–4pm, Reception outside these hours) in case you need extra towels, toiletries or other items. A member of staff will knock and wait a metre away from the door. They will then open the door and place the requested items inside and then step back.
- Extra measures will be taken when cleaning and disinfecting bedrooms and bathrooms.
- As an extra precaution and to give guests confidence that your bedroom is virus-free, the Cottage Hotel has invested in two Duo 10 Portable Ozone Generators. We will use the machines prior to each guest's arrival. More information about Duo 10 here (https://www.aozp.co.uk/).
- Our housekeeping staff have been trained on how to use the Ozone Machine as well as how to disinfect the bedroom properly.
- All housekeeping staff will have access to hand sanitisers, gloves, face masks.
- All informative leaflets about the hotel are laminated and disinfected prior to arrival.
- Tissues will be available on request.
- All toiletry packaging will have been disinfected.
- All non-essential items have been removed from bedroom.
- To avoid overcrowding in the reception area we politely ask you to phone instead of coming down to see us if the matter is not of great importance.
- The Cottage Hotel has a special action plan prepared in case of a confirmed case of Covid-19.
- All linens, towels are professionally washed on a high heat.
5. Food and drink
- The dinner and breakfast menus will be available for you to browse a day before. If you prefer the paper version of menu please ask staff member or call our reception.
- Meal times have been extended as follows:
- Breakfast: 8am – 9.30am
- Lunch: 12pm – 2pm
- Dinner: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- You will be asked to call Reception to place your dinner order before 3pm on the day. Alternatively, you can use the online ordering form on our website.
- Breakfast will be served a la carte – we will no longer have the buffet available for guests to avoid handling the same utensils by different people. We would request you place your order for breakfast before 3pm the day before.
- You will be asked to reserve a specific time for breakfast and dinner to avoid overcrowding the dining room (a 15-minute window will be allocated). Times will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis. We request your patience if the time you prefer is not available.
- Room service is £3.00 per service; please inform us if you wish to eat in your bedroom when you order your meal.
- Tables in the restaurant will be arranged such that the distance from the back of one chair to back of another will be 1m+ apart.
- We will kindly ask you to disinfect your hands before entering and leaving the restaurant, and wear your mask when moving.
- Tables and chairs will be disinfected between each service. Tables will be set immediately prior to guests seating time, using sanitised hands.
- Salt and pepper pots and other tableware will be sanitised
- Please follow the 2 metre (1m+ with mitigation, e.g. masks) social distancing rule while coming to the restaurant – follow the arrows and signage provided by us.
- Restaurant staff have been trained on food handling, staff members will disinfect hands/gloves before approaching your table and after the food has been delivered.
- Eating outside – to allow our customers to make the most of the beautiful summer we will introduce an outside dining experience. You will be able book a terrace table for additional £10.00 (up to 4 persons, each meal). Your table in the restaurant will be secured in case of rain and hence the added cost as we need to keep both tables available for you. Please make sure to book a table before 11am the same day.
- To maintain social distancing rules, we will not be offering service at the bar. Instead, we will provide full table service throughout the restaurant and lounges. Please raise your hand for attention.
- Non-residents are welcome to dine at the hotel.
- Bar lunches are served in the Restaurant and on the Terrace from 12pm to 2pm. (Reservations on the Terrace are not possible – tables are available on a first-come-first-served basis only.)
- Afternoon teas are available all day up to 6pm in the Restaurant and on the Terrace. Reservations are not necessary but Full Afternoon Teas (sandwiches, cakes, scones, etc) require 24 hours' notice.
- Dinner is served from 6.30pm to 8.30pm and a table must be reserved in advance. We will email you the dinner menu and request that you place your order prior to arrival as we are not taking orders at the table. During busy periods, you may be seated in the Cove Room, not the Restaurant.
- Takeaway service (for collection only) is also available during service times.
You can view our menus during the restrictions on our food and drink page.
- The total bill for your stay will be emailed to you on the morning of departure. Also available at reception.
Please pay by card if you can, you can do this over the phone from you room if you wish – be aware of the possible queue in the morning, please keep your distance from other guests and staff. If you wish, we can charge your card without your presence and email you the receipt copy or you can pay by BACS using the following information:
Bank Name: Barclays PLC
Account Name: The Cottage Hotel
Sort Code: 20 30 47
Account No: 43 24 84 96
Reference: Reservation name and room number
- If you require help with luggage please call reception from your bedroom and place luggage outside your door. Alternatively, please wait in your car while we bring the luggage to avoid contact.
- Please return your key cards to the key drop at reception.
- We will kindly ask you to sanitise your hands before leaving the building.
7. Our staff
- All of our staff have been trained on how to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and how to maintain the highest level of health and safety in our hotel.
- All staff will be temperature-checked before starting work, the record will be kept in reception.
- Any of the staff members who will show the symptoms will be immediately sent to a separate building and will be required to self-isolate for 14 days. That person will have no contact with any other staff member.
- Hand sanitising stations and information posters are located in the back of house for staff use.
- Staff will be asked to wear PPE (gloves optional) while serving food and drink and asked to wash and/or disinfect hands frequently (between serving each customer).
- Staff will be asked to keep the 2 metre (1m+ with mitigation, e.g. masks) distance from all our customers and each other wherever that will be possible with no danger to their health or safety.
8. Bar service
- Table Service Only – please raise your hand to get our attention for service.
- Residents: please show Key Card instead of signing. (Staff will sign for guest). You can order from your bedroom for terrace/lounge service for an arranged time.
- Non-Residents: we need to collect your contact details as per Government guidelines while taking orders. Please order at your table and pay at Reception at the end of your meal.
- Unfortunately our card payment machine does not work away from the Office/Bar.
We hope you understand why we have put these procedures in place. We all, staff and guests alike, have a duty to protect each other. We hope these procedures don't have to be in place for too long and we can return to normal operations soon but until then, we must all work together in the fight against Covid-19.
William and Sarah Ireland